13th Annual Heritage Festival
Step into History with Us at the 2018 Heritage Festival…
Sunday, June 2nd, from 11 am to 4 pm along Karakung Drive
Haverford Township Historical Society will be hosting the 13th annual Heritage Festival this June 2nd, 2019 from 11 AM to 4 PM along Karakung Drive.
- Come and find out about the Beechwood Amusement Park that was in Haverford Twp in 1907!!
- Colonial beer brewing demonstration
- Weaving demonstrations in Nitre Hall
- local music, local craft beers & food vendors
- Colonial Lego Users Group building a replica of the gatehouse from Beechwood Park! hands on – you can help!
- Revolutionary War soldiers from Fort Mifflin!
- fire trucks from the 5 Haverford Township ire companies
- blacksmithing demos
- Local artists, crafts people and vendors
- Native American artifacts & craft making (including face painting for the kids!)
- Colonial era activities and demonstrations (churning butter, candle dipping, etc.)
- Historical & Civic groups
- Fun for the WHOLE family!
Main Stage (Lower Stage in parking lot)
- 11:20 -11:50 -- Seventh Heaven
- NOON - 12:45 -- Rick Myers
- 1: 00 - 1:45 - Erica Smith - http://www.ericasmithmusic.com
- 2:00 - 2:50 -- Four Prophet String Band - https://fourprophetstringband.bandcamp.com
- 3:00 - 4:00 -- Dibbs Preston and the Detonators - http://thekey.xpn.org/2018/07/01/go-cat-go-dibbs-preston
Our Community Cup (Upper Stage by Nitre Hall)
- 12:30 -1:00 -- Alyssa Dodge
- 1:00- 1:30 -- June Leonardi
- 1: 30 - 2:00 - Joe Becton - http://jobecton.com/jbmusic.htm
- 2:00 - 2:30 -- Whiskey River Junction
- 2:30 - 3:00 -- Last Chance.
Who can have a table?
Any person or group having a table must be approved by the Heritage Festival planning committee.
- Artists, craftsmen and craftswomen and artisans (if you are selling something hand made by you) – $35 registration fee plus Certificate of Insurance (new this year)
- Commercial vendors selling items with a link to the community or to history – (if you are selling things that are manufactured (like tee shirts or books), i.e., not hand made by you - email us ahead of time to make sure you are approved) – $75
- registration fee plus Certificate of Insurance
- Non profits groups (no political groups) – $FREE registration fee plus Certificate of Insurance
- Historical organizations – $FREE registration fee plus Certificate of Insurance
- Boy and Girl Scout groups – $FREE registration fee plus Certificate of Insurance
- religious organizations – $FREE registration fee plus Certificate of Insurance
While we do offer booths to civic organizations (like AOH, Haverford Library, Surrey Services, Rotary Club), booths for political organizations ( e.g. Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Green, etc..) or campaigning directly for candidates is not appropriate for this event.
No businesses are permitted unless approved by the Heritage Festival committee. Vendors selling things should be selling handmade craft type items, art, history related items or things specific to our community. Business who want to participate, but don't meet the aforementioned descriptions are encouraged to participate as a FESTIVAL SPONSOR. If you aren't sure if you meet the criteria to have a table, please email us before mailing in a registration form.
Why do I need a Certificate of Insurance(COI) ? I never needed one before!
To protect you and us. It’s fairly inexpensive. Let us know if you have an issue obtaining one.
I want to sell food. Can I?
Maybe. Haverford Township Health Department requires that any food distributed be approved and a permit issued. Please NOTE !! These are TOWNSHIP requirements and not the Historical Society’s requirements. Any fees charged by the township are in ADDITION to the $125 registration fee! The registration fee is paid to HTHS. The fees the Township require are paid to them. Check with the Township Health Department and acquire any necessary permits.
- The Checklist: http://www.haverfordtownship.org/egov/documents/1456496863_51334.pdf
- Haverford Township Health Department: www.haverfordtownship.org/department/?structureid=8
- Haverford Township Health Department requires the following of FOOD VENDORS:
- Certificate of Insurance(COI) for all vendors
- There is an TOWNSHIP fee of $85.00 for FOR-PROFIT food vendors not licensed in Haverford Township (collected by Health department, not HTHS).
- completion of Special Event Tempoary Food Service Application : http://www.haverfordtownship.org/egov/documents/1380320990_9114.pdf
Why is the Historical Society hosting the Heritage Festival?
Because we love Haverford Township and the super cool, often unknown by most, history of the township and the surrounding area. We also are in desperate need of funds to help maintain the buildings and our collection. Any proceeds raised from the Heritage Festival go back into the Historical Society! Also, the Festival is super fun! If you have ideas, please join us in planning. It takes a village, as the saying goes.