Step into History with Us at the 2017 Heritage Festival…
Sunday, June 4, from 11 am to 4 pm along Karakung Drive
Haverford Township Historical Society will be hosting the 11th annual Heritage Festival this June 4th, 2017 from 11 AM to 4 PM along Karakung Drive.
Who can have a table?
Any person or group having a table must be approved by the Heritage Festival planning committee.
- Artists, vendors, craftsmen and craftswomen and artisans (if you are selling something) - $30 registration fee
- Non profits groups (no political groups) - $FREE
- Historical organizations - $FREE
- Boy and Girl Scout groups - $FREE
- religious organizations - $FREE
While we do offer booths to civic organizations (like AOH, Haverford Library, Surrey Services, Rotary Club), booths for political organizations ( e.g. Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, etc..) or campaigning directly for candidates is not appropriate for this event.
No businesses are permitted unless approved by the Heritage Festival committee. Vendors selling things should be selling handmade craft type items or history related items. Business who want to have a table as a "sponsor" may be permitted if they are approved by the Heritage Festival Committee. For instance, if you sell shower enclosures, in order to have a table, you should have to have a table with information about the history of plumbing. Perhaps dressing in character as a plumber from 1900, with some antique fixtures or artifacts from years ago that show the history of your craft or industry. We are trying to keep the tone of the festival community focused with an eye to the rich history of the township.
I want to sell food. Can I?
Maybe. Haverford Township Health Department requires that any food distributed be approved and a permit issued. Please NOTE !! These are TOWNSHIP requirements and not the Historical Society's requirements. Any fees charged by the township are in ADDITION to the $60 registration fee! The registration fee is paid to HTHS. The fees the Township require are paid to them. Check with the Township Health Department and acquire any necessary permits.
- The Checklist: http://www.haverfordtownship.org/egov/documents/1456496863_51334.pdf
- Haverford Township Health Department: www.haverfordtownship.org/department/?structureid=8
- Haverford Township Health Department requires the following of FOOD VENDORS:
- Certificate of Insurance(COI) for all vendors
- There is an $85.00 fee for FOR-PROFIT food vendors not licensed in Haverford Township (collected by Health department, not HTHS).
- completion of Special Event Tempoary Food Service Application : http://www.haverfordtownship.org/egov/documents/1380320990_9114.pdf
Why is the Historical Society hosting the Heritage Festival?
Because we love Haverford Township and the super cool, often unknown by most, history of the township and the surrounding area. We also are in desperate need of funds to help maintain the buildings and our collection. Any proceeds raised from the Heritage Festival go back into the Historical Society! Also, the Festival is super fun!