Step into History with Us at the 2018 Heritage Festival…
Sunday, June 3rd, from 11 am to 4 pm along Karakung Drive
Haverford Township Historical Society will be hosting the 12th annual Heritage Festival this June 3rd, 2018 from 11 AM to 4 PM along Karakung Drive.
- Come and find out about the Beechwood Amusement Park that was in Haverford Twp in 1907!!
- Colonial beer brewing demonstration
- Weaving demonstrations in Nitre Hall
- local music, local craft beers & food vendors
- fire trucks
- blacksmithing demos
- Local artists, crafts people and vendors
- Native American artifacts & craft making (including face painting for the kids!)
- Colonial era activities and demonstrations (churning butter, candle dipping, etc.)
- Historical & Civic groups
- Fun for the WHOLE family!
- 11:00: Flag Raising and bagpiper march .
- Seventh Heaven .
- Laura Baird http://laurabaird.com/music/bio.html
- Avon Faire . http://queenstribune.com/avon-faire-brings-rebellion-to-folk-music/ , https://www.facebook.com/pg/AvonFaire/about/
- Stephen Wade. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Wade_(musician)
- How To Trick A Bear . https://sites.google.com/a/benjaminle.com/howtotrickabear/
Our Community Cup (Upper Stage by Nitre Hall)
- Lizzy Hilliard . http://ourcommunitycup.com/2017/01/lizzy-hilliard/
- Spoken Life . https://www.spokenlifemusic.com/
- Hanna Paige . http://hannapaigemusic.com/index.html
- Alex Fichera . https://alexfichera.bandcamp.com/
- Last Chance . http://www.lastchanceband.org/
ShadyStage (location tbd)
- Rocky Run Alpacas
Field Stage (location tbd)
- Bay Wings Falconry
Help out! Volunteer for 1 hour!
The Heritage Festival is completely run by a small group of volunteers. VERY small. It’s VERY difficult to pull this even off every year. But we do it because we love our community! Do you? Please check out our volunteer sign up genius here:
Registration forms (forms not avail yet)
- Non Profit registration Form (FREE)
- Artist/Crafter Form ($30)
- Commercial Vendor Form ($75)
- Food Vendor Form ($125)
Who can have a table?
Any person or group having a table must be approved by the Heritage Festival planning committee.
- Artists, craftsmen and craftswomen and artisans (if you are selling something hand made by you) – $30 registration fee plus Certificate of Insurance (new this year)
- Commercial vendors – (if you are selling things that are manufactured, i.e., not hand made by you) – $75
- registration fee plus Certificate of Insurance (new this year)
- Non profits groups (no political groups) – $FREE registration fee plus Certificate of Insurance
- Historical organizations – $FREE registration fee plus Certificate of Insurance
- Boy and Girl Scout groups – $FREE registration fee plus Certificate of Insurance
- religious organizations – $FREE registration fee plus Certificate of Insurance
While we do offer booths to civic organizations (like AOH, Haverford Library, Surrey Services, Rotary Club), booths for political organizations ( e.g. Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, etc..) or campaigning directly for candidates is not appropriate for this event.
No businesses are permitted unless approved by the Heritage Festival committee. Vendors selling things should be selling handmade craft type items or history related items. Business who want to have a table as a “sponsor” may be permitted if they are approved by the Heritage Festival Committee. For instance, if you sell shower enclosures, in order to have a table, you should have to have a table with information about the history of plumbing. Perhaps dressing in character as a plumber from 1900, with some antique fixtures or artifacts from years ago that show the history of your craft or industry. We are trying to keep the tone of the festival community focused with an eye to the rich history of the township.
Why do I need a Certificate of Insurance(COI) ? I never needed one before!
To protect you and us. It’s fairly inexpensive. Let us know if you have an issue obtaining one.
I want to sell food. Can I?
Maybe. Haverford Township Health Department requires that any food distributed be approved and a permit issued. Please NOTE !! These are TOWNSHIP requirements and not the Historical Society’s requirements. Any fees charged by the township are in ADDITION to the $125 registration fee! The registration fee is paid to HTHS. The fees the Township require are paid to them. Check with the Township Health Department and acquire any necessary permits.
- The Checklist: http://www.haverfordtownship.org/egov/documents/1456496863_51334.pdf
- Haverford Township Health Department: www.haverfordtownship.org/department/?structureid=8
- Haverford Township Health Department requires the following of FOOD VENDORS:
- Certificate of Insurance(COI) for all vendors
- There is an TOWNSHIP fee of $85.00 for FOR-PROFIT food vendors not licensed in Haverford Township (collected by Health department, not HTHS).
- completion of Special Event Tempoary Food Service Application : http://www.haverfordtownship.org/egov/documents/1380320990_9114.pdf
Why is the Historical Society hosting the Heritage Festival?
Because we love Haverford Township and the super cool, often unknown by most, history of the township and the surrounding area. We also are in desperate need of funds to help maintain the buildings and our collection. Any proceeds raised from the Heritage Festival go back into the Historical Society! Also, the Festival is super fun!